16th Annual Darkside 8 Hour Run
7am – 3pm.
Date: May 12, 2018
Bear Creek Farm is a beautiful, picturesque horse farm in rural Moreland, Georgia. The 1.02 mile course is set in rolling hills which loop around the farm and a beautiful pond. You’ll run by the horse stables and corrals, where you might get a chance to “race” the horses. If we’re lucky in the later morning, the trainers will bring the horses and hunting dogs out so we can see how it all happens!
- Event limited to 50 runners
- Entry fee: $45 (and some munchies*)
- Where: Bear Creek Farm (1539 Bear Creek Road in Moreland, GA)
- PARKING: Park in the field opposite the farm entrance
- Race headquarters: (start and finish) is at the covered pavilion
- Most laps in 8 hours wins bragging rights!
- Darkside Running Club will provide hydration (water & Gatorade and post event BEVERAGES (both the child and adult versions)
- Runners and Volunteers should bring a stash of *munchies (i.e. bag of cookies, box of crackers, etc.) to be shared by everyone. It’s all COMMUNITY PROPERTY on race day
- Entries must be received by May 5, 2018
If you are interested in volunteering as a counter please contact Joye McElroy, email@example.com. As with all running events the volunteers are the heart and soul of it’s success.